May I begin by saying hello and a warm welcome to all of my readers. I have never written a blog before, nor have I been very interested to do so, but it has become apparent to me rather suddenly that it might serve a useful purpose and that is to have a kind-of miniature log of the things I am doing and how life is progressing little by little. A blog can be the place where I can record rather random thoughts, but also those of contemporary issues. A place where I can access my opinions at any time and chart any changes. A place where I can reach out to the wider world. Underlying all of this and what I mean by "things I am doing" is just to record the small things I do on a regular basis. Seeing as I am currently living abroad my main idea is to log my experiences here, whether they be large or just a small nuance - something amazingly shocking, wonderfully amazing, or just something that highlights to me the culture difference between where I am and in the United Kingdom. Finally, this blog serves as a personal reflection of how I see the UK and Europe in general - they say that you see many things about your own culture, lifestyle and interpret events differently when you are "outside the box." I will put that idea to the test.
Thanks for reading my opening message.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment