So again we come to the time of year where the most senior students graduate and move on to university. The time couldn't have come fast enough, although as always it does seem like a long time coming when you are waiting for it! I found myself with four classes on this final day, and as I teach the entire graduating year group, it was four simple classes of saying goodbye and good luck and posing for a group photo for our memories. That was after of course demanding essays from each and every one of them, which I'm sure that they have been working very hard on. The run up to the official graduation ceremony now begins tomorrow, with a party by the swimming pool in the afternoon (the school has its own pool and seeing as we are already hitting forty degrees it feels very much like the summer I can assure you!) where the tradition of throwing all the teachers into the pool will be observed. This is followed in 2 weeks time by a ceremony to award the highest academic achievers before the graduation affair the following day, May 16th. Crammed in between now and then is a raft of grading essay papers, preparing and administering final examinations, and then tying up loose odds and ends - always busy that's for sure.......
Congratulations to all graduating students!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment