Finally I can begin to note the various events at the end of the semester. I will begin with the pool party on the last day of classes. This was a nice event that took place before the students' final exams, and it is also a traditional event - not only for both students and teachers to relax in a more informal atmosphere, but also for the students to realise the tradition of throwing the teachers into the pool! This is of course the form in which revenge comes for all of those semesters where teachers were screaming at students to be quiet!
It was all in all a nice affair; I resisted getting thrown in until quite late, because I didn't arrive until 3.45pm because of an English class in university. One of the French teachers here also contributed to the conspiracy to find me and throw me in the pool by alerting a group of male students to my impending presence in the sports building next to the pool - hmmm thanks for that! I will remember for quite a while a group of 10 guys waiting outside one of the sports offices for me to exit. I finally resigned myself to my fate and allowed them to carry me down to the pool and throw me in, all in full public display. To top off a nice afternoon, I didn't waste any time getting out of the pool to indulge myself in the pizza of which there must have been about 50 or more! I also had the good fortune to take a pizza home that fed me for 2 more days.
This was event number 1 to celebrate the end of the semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment